We take your privacy seriously
This article describes the relationship between you, Hiri and your privacy. From day one, we understood that privacy was a key concern for our users, and we aim to be open and honest about the data we collect and how it is used.
The most important thing first - Hiri (or any third parties) cannot see any personal information within your emails, contacts, tasks or calendar items. We do not have a server that processes your emails. Your mails, contacts, tasks and calendar items are strictly between you and your Exchange / Office 365 or Outlook.com server. Now on to the details...
Your email address
We do collect your email address. This is how we manage licenses in Hiri. Your email address is your unique ID and is associated with your trial or paid license. We do not send unsolicited email.
We do collect analytics to help improve the product and to improve your experience:
- We use Mixpanel to collect information on how the product is used. Here are some examples of how we use the information:
- To understand how many people are using the product at a given time
- To see how many times a particular feature is used, e.g. how many times an email is dragged to the task list. This helps us decide what features we should expand/kill.
It's worth mentioning what we don't do:
- We don't mine your personal information
- We don't share/sell any information with third parties
- We don't capture your physical location
- We don't access any files/information on your computer (we do know what OS you are using though)
Mixpanel does not access your emails, contacts, tasks or calendar items. Again, you can opt out of these services by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd like to have an open and honest dialog with our users on privacy. If you have any concerns or suggestions you can email our COO directly - email@example.com